Happy International Women's Day - Work in Progress



Correcting a painting without a live model or a right referenced photo was not an easy thing to do.  Finally, I've pushed myself to get the position she looked in the photo, but not the original painting I did from live.  All the photos I took from outdoors and indoors.  My color palette wasn't too bright, nor too duo. 



Today is the International Women's Day on the East of the Global, tomorrow all the women on the west will celebrate the day I hope.  And I decided to stop paint this one, because  it was just a studio study, it was not necessary to finish perfectly.   (March 7 2023)





One 3-hour session to paint the figurative work last Tuesday, I did not touch it after. Instead waited for this afternoon to continue or finish it.

Might be the expectation, I had such a tough time to work on this portraiture. First, the model didn't pose in exactly the same position, especially her legs and feet. And also I was stubborn and wanted to change or repaint her legs or feet, thought I could find a way to correct her legs or feet on canvas.

After three hours of struggling, I didn't get the result I was expecting. And I know that it will be harder to correct it without a model.

Oh, well, I have learned that only through practicing and gaining more experience, then miracle or magic will come...

Evening short pose model was my favorite African-American Titania, she was from Oakland long way to drive to the studio.

Her poses were beautiful, challenging and inspiring. Only after her first run, we started clapping our hands. I saw her face full of sweat for keeping one pose long enough. Of course she deserved more applause and decent tips. (February 7 2023)



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生