Plein Air @ Old Fisherman's Wharf Monterey CA 加州風景寫生




Long and tiring day, drove more than 140 miles, not counting the milage getting lost when both my car GPS and Google maps lost signal and took me in the wrong direction.

It was worth the long way drive, to paint at such an inspiring historic location on a gorgeous day. I instantly found the boat that I wanted to paint, only set up took me longer time, my umbrella kept falling down to the ground with every little bit of wind. Finally Al, the organizer artist, helped and made it stable. There were still many people at the wharf even though it was a weekday. Some of them might be coming daily to buy fresh fish. I didn't have time to think anything else, tried to focus on my work. A motorcycle never turned off the engine, made very loud noises behind me. The situation improved after the motorcycle was gone.

On the way home, I saw so many Mexican workers working in the fields, and I knew they were hard working people, their lives were not easy in this country, especially during the pandemic.

I stopped to buy a fresh food at a stand at Moss Landing, I saw the fresh Pomelos, and asked one of the cashier guys how much. He told me 3 for for 2 dollars, I asked him again and he repeated. So I got an empty box, brought fifteen of them to the counter, he charged me over twenty eight dollars, plus some service fee. I asked him again, he told me 2 for 3 dollars, and the female cashier overcharged me I was sure. I paused, thought of those hard working Mexicans, not these two in front of me. Then I decided to pay without arguing. Suddenly I understand why everything else had the price tag, only that one didn't have one. What a tourist trap store! I wonder who is the owner? And only wished the extra money charged could help the person needed the most. Suggest everyone should be super cautious when shopping there, the shop's name is Farm Fresh Moss Landing Moss Landing CA.  (Nov.4 2020)



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生