Plein Air @ Westwind Community Barn Los Altos Hills CA


It has been over a week since I painted out. I always wanted to come back to this place and paint in spring, finally I made it before all the grasses turned yellow. Found a peaceful spot in the shade, watching all the girls cleaning the horses, then riding them on the trails while I was painting. There was a lady training a horse and made the area full of dust near me. That horse might be not cooperating. I heard the trainer using a whip in the air and talking to the horse, "what kind of horse are you"
One young girl finished her riding and came to see my painting. She told me that she read books and found out she really loved horses since she was a child.

Another lady Tania complimented my painting and we had chat. She told me something about horses I didn't know after she saw a horse in my painting. She wasn't Russian, but her name was given from her mother's Russian friend. What a lovely day and got to paint at this beautiful place!
(April 15 2022)


Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model