Plein Air @ Foothills Nature Preserve Palo Alto CA 加州風景寫生


This morning was only 40 degrees when I started out driving on the road. I checked the weather that it wouldn't rain in the morning, thought I should go to Plein Air.


I was pretty sure that I had painted at the Foothill park last spring, and remembered that it wasn't too cold while painting on a sunny morning.

There were only a few vehicles in the park. I saw two people walking their dogs and drove on the top of the hill where I thought I did a painting last year, and noticed all the trees were growing taller in the distance. I still thought to paint the same spot, so I could see if my outdoor painting skills have improved.

It was chilly, saw there was still snow  on top of the distant mountains.  I told myself that I should use as little water as possible for the watercolor Plein Air, from my years' experience, I learned that paper won't dry if there was too much water, especially in the cold weather.


I heard a guy playing guitar and singing songs nearby me, but I was concentrating on my own work.  

After I got into my car before I left, I saw the guy still practicing on guitar and singing from behind.  We all have to work harder to develop our passions, there is no doubt.


Got home and checked that I did paintings twice there, one was on February 17 2021, and the other one was on February 24 2021.   Over two years ago! rom my painting color palette, I could see it was warmer back then.  But we all know that rain is good for California.  I feel that my brain has a gap for memories somehow since the pandemic. (March 7 2023)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model