Plein Air @ Municipal Rose Garden San Jose CA 加州風景寫生


Beautiful weather and went back to the Rose Garden in San Jose with a group of locacale artists. 

This 5.5–acre Municipal Rose Garden is in full bloom with thousands of roses. It is named "America's Best Rose Garden."


I have been here to paint a couple of times as I remember.  I hesitated to decide what to paint in such a lovely place.  I did a water fountain painting and the flowers arches before.  

Saw another artist passing by, after chatting a little bit with her, I made up my mind to paint the artches again, and put her into my work.

It still felt a little chilly in the shade while I was painting.  Another painter I just met named Allen was giving me a little feedback.  Always nice to hear other's opions.

I wonder why I feel tired easier, the pollen made my eyes itchy and sensitive, and my whole body was fighting with it even though I was well protected with mask and sunglasses.  Finished around noon.  (May 13 2024)

Original Art Story

Alameda Plein Air Paint Out -19th Annual Event 2024

Plein Air @ A Secret Garden Lucie Stern Community Center Palo Alto CA

Plein Air @ The Western Shore Redwood City CA

Plein Air @ a dock in Sausalito CA

Plein Air @ Shoreline Lake Boathouse Mountain View CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Allied Arts Guild Menlo Park CA

Plein Air @ Joseph D. Grant Park, Mt. Hamilton CA

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA