Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA


Nice weather in the afternoon, I wanted to do something different and escape from my current "bottleneck" situation. But I realized half way to the location that I didn't bring my tripod. Lucky it was not far away to go back and get it.

All the students were on school vacation, so it was perfect timing to paint on the campus.  And the winter lighting is always especially beautiful.

Found a corner of the garden and noticed that one side looked more complicated than the other one.  I chose the easier side to paint, and focused on a monochromatic expression to see what could make it look different.  In the end I added a small amount of color to certain objects, my work really looked different.  

I decided to stop, but might continue this way of practicing...

Started the new year without any resolutions, but frustration that I won't able have my home studio time undisturbed, I can not get 30 minutes of meditation time in. No one is perfect for sure. Who likes having arguments  for little things, and who want to repeat the same little things over and over for years?  How could I get rid off all those negatives energy surrounding, those has been blocking me,  

Actually it had been for a while that I worked on my second self-portrait.  Any self-portrait is super challenging, and I know that my painting float and creative power have come from being silence, then it really has connecting my individuality to find the way to continue.   

Might be my excuses and had played games on my smart phone, it did help me not seeing and brothering by those little things, kept my figure crossed that "bottleneck" period could be gone soon, and positive and inspiring energy comes to me peacefully. Learning from life in life time! (January 5 2024)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA