Plein Air @ Alviso Marina County Park San Jose CA


It was not a warm morning at the location. I got to one of my favorite painting spots and decided to paint again at this location.


Couldn't remember how many times I've painted there before. Still, I started with a thumbnail, almost the same layout from my memory as before. I tried to use less water as it was hard to dry given the weather.

One lady walked by me to complement my work, but she she surprised me and immediately apologized and told me that she was just walking by.

Later some male voice was even louder behind me saying that it was a beautiful painting. That really scarred me a lot. Turned around and I saw two policemen driving by, they were kind and smiled, apologized as well. Then asked me when I started my work. I didn't really pay much attention, told them around nine o'clock.

After they left, I realized that it might not have told them the correct time, they might misunderstand me and think I was not honest enough, oh, no....

Saw several other artists working there too, the parking lot was almost full when I was leaving. (January 8 2024)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023