2 x 3--hour session live model study


It was Easter Friday. We rented a studio behind the Triton Museum of Art. More than ten artists, most of us live nearby, some of them drove from Sacramento and Northern Beach (north of Marin county).


We were all ready, waiting for our model who came from San Francisco, an hour drive away. We got started at 11 o'clock. Ended up it worked out for two sessions, because the lunch break was cut by a half an hour, and extended to another half hour long.

Nice studio, quite spacious. I started with a used canvas panel 16"x20", actually I sanded my last week's model study off.

I noticed that I didn't have enough space for continuing my work after the first break, then I wiped it off, restarted it again.

Our model was not very stable, so it was challenging for us to settle down our sketches and continue on with our work. We all painted quietly, only could hear the sound of brushes moving up and down on canvas.
One of the artists brought a half bag of mandarins from her tree for our snacks. They were delicious and I ate one at each break for refreshment, and so did others.

Two sessions seemed not long enough. Felt liked I only had one session's time to work, and my work looked not very nice color-wis . But it looked much better in colors after I brought it outdoor before I went home. Sun came out, and we were all tired... (April 7 2023 )


This photo was taken outdoors, it added more blue tones


Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA