Plein Air @ Pigeon Point Lighthouse Pescadero CA

I didn't plan to paint at Pigeon Point, instead of going to meet other artists at Pescadero Village. Driving on the Highway #280, listening to the Mozart's Piano #21 in C concerto on the Classical music channel KDFC. I enjoyed the scene so much, especially on such a gorgeous day, white clouds floating on the blue sky, there were dry golden yellow, bold hills against the blue and white. Clouds here are precious, we usually don't see them for half the year. Thinking of how beautiful the state is that I live in! It took very long time to like it here, I believed that I had started to love California after I learned to Plein Air. Four years now, and I had found out so many unique and beautiful places nearby, felt very grateful...

I had to turn the radio off for not hearing the clear sound and kept driving... I only saw a few cars, seemed like I was the only one driving on the Highway #1. And my car GPS told me that I arrived at Pigeon Point. Well I decided to walk around and use the restroom. Interesting that I only came here and paint, not to walk around. I decided not to drive to the village after I discovered a vintage VW and super bright geraniums flowers in front of a house.  Actually, I saw a couple of local artists painting this scene, never knew it was here.  Tried to set up my station, and I didn't bring my tripod.  No warries that I painted on a bench in the shade, used my water bottle supporting my easel.  More visitors were there near noon.  Finally I had a chance to read the information of the Lighthouse while waiting for my watercolor paper dry.  The water bottle didn't support the easel stably, as a result, a couple accidents happened, the brush cleaning container fell down, dirty got on the brushes and there was a only little water left.  So I put my easel on the back of the bench, it worked much better.  Really is there was a will, there was a way.

Before I finished my painting, I saw a guy was going to drive the car away.  It was an old car, 1968 Volkswagen Type III Squareback I think, he had to try to get the engine to start, and he came to compliment my work.  His name is Jeff, he drove his car away for afternoon surfing.  I kept turning around to finish the car, but it was not there any more.  It was almost 2:30pm before left the location.  Such a lovely long day!  (June 8 2021)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model