Plein Air @ Franklin Square Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生


Fall finally came to the Bay Area.  A little bit behind my schedule this morning.  Felt chilly inside the house, really didn't want to paint outdoors. I know it is important to practice daily being an artist painter. I pushed myself out of the door, drove to Franklin Square. Passed by it countless times, the water fountain was an appealing subject. Not sure why I never painted it. Only a few people walked around; a quiet Monday morning. Later a person in a wheelchair rolled up and asked what I was painting for. I instantly wanted to move out of his way. He was kind and told me that his vision was no longer good. I took my painting from the easel to show him. He said he was very thankful I brought my work to show him in a way that he was able to see, and that I did a good job.  Before I packed my stuff away, a lady came out of the beauty saloon. We had a short conversation, glad to know her business was doing OK. Nice being out and painting, another day practicing and overcoming my own unwillingness.




Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023