Plein Air @ home before sunset Bay Area CA


After a hot summer, suddenly the temperature dropped down, felt like autumn this week.

This is scene I see daily. After over a decade I finally decided to paint it. Setting up my workstation, I just drew what I usually saw, then started to paint with watercolors.

Because summer was still in my mind, I used a little too much water at the beginning, so the paper kept wet for a long time, especially after sunset. Liked the vegetation over the fence, it was the overrunning green. I thought it could be green plants climbing over the fence.


I could not complete the painting, not only was the paper too wet, also I felt cold and it was getting dark.

The next day, I did my final touch and finished it. Maybe try another one again in the future, such a convenient spot.

(September 19 2024)

Original Art Story

Plein Air @ A Secret Garden Lucie Stern Community Center Palo Alto CA

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Allied Arts Guild Menlo Park CA

Alameda Plein Air Paint Out -19th Annual Event 2024

Plein Air @ The Western Shore Redwood City CA

Plein Air @ Alviso Marina County Park San Jose CA

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Plein Air @ a dock in Sausalito CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生