Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA


Thought to do something different, Apple Park was a good place for sketching and not far from where I live. and some of our local artists were meeting up there today.


 Sun came out this morning after weeks of rain. I was not well prepared for it. Found my pencils, sketch book, eraser and outdoor chair in a rush. Felt I should have more hands to carry each of them, why didn't I grab a bag and have everything in it?


Warm in the sun, but not in the shade. There were many young olive trees, I guessed that they were the same age as the Apple Headquarters.


Tried one sketch that had architecture, and one very stylish artist I drew her into my work. Then I started to draw other artists.


Walked through the Apple park's "mirage" sculpture takes shape as iridescent glass pillars winding through trees.


Chatted with several artists to catchup, left after in the afternoon. (January 25 2024)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA