Studio Live models on Tuesday

Tuesday always is my busy day of the week. I take two sessions of painting and drawing. As usual, long pose model in the afternoon for three hours, then after one and half an hour break, there was a short pose drawing session.

I enjoy doing them both. Like many artists, of course I am struggling through each of them, and have been practicing since last September. I was quite happy to hear one of artists, she is an art educator, tell me that she could see I have made progress and am improving.

Might be her encouragement, I did better drawings in the evening. We had very full studio, I wondered that our model she was a very professional one and very stable. It really helped me to draw her better.
>

Afternoon I painted the portrait of model, he was good model too. But I had difficult time to paint his red cloth, not only it was made of velvet, but the folds in the cloth changed after each break. One of my artist friends helped me at the end, she used one of my brushes, and we both painted on the same work, tried to finish it. But I missed the first session, it was only a practice lesson for me.

On the way home, saw the biggest bright moon in summer on the free way.  (July 12 2022)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model