Plein Air @ Downtown Woodside CA and Short-pose male live model drawing


It wasn't a perfect day for Plein Air, I brought my work stuff and went to check where I could paint. All just because of my curiosity about downtown Woodside. Not easy to find a parking spot, walked around a little bit. Not sure why it seemed to me that this tiny downtown was so interesting to come and check out. Might be the day I got lost in the mountain for an hour, and finally I found some people were in the town. Parked my car off the street. And I decided to paint the interesting building called the Firehouse Bistro, looked like a historic building to me. But there wasn't anything I could find on Google out, only the restaurant.


I spent a lot of time working on the sky, later found out it wasn't necessary since the sky was behind on my painting. Caught up a little sunlight, it really did help me to understand the relationship of each part of building and surrounding construction. Great exercise, would be back on a sunny day to paint!


In the early evening I went to the short pose drawing. Drew an African American live male model which was out of my regularly familiar drawing zone. He had a lot of muscles and bones to be considered for the sketch in such a short time. Tiring Tuesday again.
(October 26 2021)


Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model