Live model drawing on the Moon Festival evening


COIVID-19 has changed many ways in our lives. I haven't seen my family for over two years, and I don't know when I will be able to get a visa and go back to my motherland for a visit. Especially on the Mid Autumn Moon Festival when all families should be together celebrating the annual harvest while enjoying watching the brightest full moon.
 
My husband is a Caucasian who understands Asian Culture better than most of Westerners.  He got up earlier and baked a delicious dark chocolate cake for us, because we ate most of the mooncakes earlier.  I was supposed to go Plein Air today.  Might be my nostalgia, I didn't want to go out for an excuse of hot weather.  Didn't feel productive, but I did go to the evening live model drawing drop-in class.  

Wow, I wasn't the only one Chinese there!   I guessed that drawing the live model helped us to forget homesickness.  We even went out watching the full moon during the break.  What a great way to celebrate our traditional Moon Festival!

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model