May live model short pose studies

I will continue my drawing studies but consolidate into one post each month from now on.  So I will add the dates for each study.

(May 9 2023)


Tuesday night again, our model was several minutes late. She immediately got ready and started from the two minutes pose. 

I had a difficult time to draw her, and kept changing my pencils and charcoals.  I know the papers I use are too smooth.  After a while I found my favorite charcoals, instantly I could draw better. Haha, tools are very important!

From her stable poses I could tell she was an experienced model. I had her long pose portraiture study before.  I don't think I remember the models' name, but I remember each face for sure.




Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023