Plei Air @ A Factory on Zanker Road San Jose CA


In the morning on the way back from my dentist, found this old factory warehouse surrounded by new buildings. Felt an urgent need to paint it, because it might be gone someday soon...


I painted under the open air roof protecting machines and tools from the sun, so I kept moving to stay in the shade.  A bell rang once for several times in the distance, I couldn't detect where it came from.

A guy drove by in a pick up truck and stopped next to where I was painting.  He politely asked me if he could help.  I told him that I was painting the buildings.  Seemed that he really understood as he said that we need to keep record of it before they were destroyed.

All the land is getting more expensive in Silicon Valley. But this area looked so peaceful, there were orange orchards and this precious old part of a warehouse remaining.  A couple of private properties were hiding behind but I couldn't go in to see them.  (September 23 2022)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023