Plein Air @ an Orchard nearby Campbell CA


Just realized that I hadn't gone out painting for a week this morning - too much figurative study in studio. Also my annual allergies have started acting up again. Didn't go too far. I found this greenhouse tent a long time ago and today I got to paint it. After my stuff was set up, I saw two older ladies walking toward me, and the language they were speaking sounded like Russian. I said "Hello" and asked them if they were Russian. They responded that yes they were. Their faces were so interesting, instantly I thought they both could be our portrait models. I dug out my business card and passed it to one of the ladies, and told them that we could pay them if they wanted to be our models. I didn't really understand what she said, but she mentioned her daughter and her hands gestured throwing the business card away. Hahaha, I hope she does contact me and they can be models for us. I really only mean to paint their portraits. (February 18 2022)



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生