Busy Tuesday and almost got lost in the mountains

Tuesday has become one of the busiest days each week. Went to Fogarty Vineyards Woodside for Plein Air, and then live model study in the evening.


The temperature dropped dramatically in our area. It was still the summer hot feeling during day only a couple of days ago. It was only 51 degrees, not only cold, it was also windy when I got Fogarty Vineyards. Found a hidden and not windy place to paint. My warmest jacket helped me, and it was getting a little warm by noon. We brought little snacks and chatted a short while after our work was done. Autumn colors were gorgeous at the vineyard. Looked around and took some reference photos, then said "Goodbye" to the other artists.

As usual I turned on my car GPS, and got my smartphone ready, because there was no signal from the location. There was about 30 miles to my home in total, I had been back and forth several times. I noticed that my car GPS acted a little strange, and the mileage showing I had to drive more than 30 miles after I drove on the way home for sometime. So I stopped the car, restarted engine, made sure everything was OK. Drove on the road to home, it showed little by little. Again, I restarted my car, checked and setup everything, my phone was still not showing enough signal. After repeated several times, I realized that I really got lost without any directions. There was no one could help me in the mountains, only one or two cars zooming by. I guessed that the only way I could figured out the right direction was I had to keep driving and kept stopping wherever I had a chance for checking if there was enough mobile photo signal to give me the right direction. After lost about one hour, I got mobile signal and found the way to home.



I really didn't want to do the short pose drawing in the evening after that tiring trip. Had a simple meal and a short rest, I finally went to the short pose live model session. It was a great one, a black female model did good job, felt lucky I didn't miss it. (October 12 2021)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生