Plein Air @ Mission Branch Library City of Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

After the Memorial day long weekend, I planned to paint at Pescadero, but it did not happen. Came to the Mission Branch Library in Santa Clara. Remembered that I painted here in the afternoon last winter and pulled out the old photo. Today I painted this scene from a 90 degree different angle, and in the shade of the morning. I was totally in the sun so soon, before I even finished my drawing. Kept moving to my left side, wondered if I would bother the residents inside the building. Instead, a couple of young guys came out and gave me a few compliments. I think  they study at Santa Clara University. Practiced not overdoing the painting and made sure my work looked painterly and loose. (June 1 2021)



November 30 2020, Plein Air @ Mission Branch Library City of Santa Clara CA

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell CA