Plein Air @ La Nebbia Winery Half Moon Bay CA 加州風景寫生

Dressed very warm to paint at this lovely winery, because it was only 50ish degrees. Looked like a lovely garden with beautiful blooming flowers. Found the subject and a spot, I talked a little loud that I wished the sun would come up, so I could capture the contrast of the light and shadow in the landscape. But my painting spot wasn't in the shade,  and when the sun really came out, it shone onto my extra white Fabiano Artistico 140b Cold press watercolor paper. I had to follow the light to keep moving. After I moved under a tree, the sun hid under clouds. Back and forth a couple of times, it might be the sun was playing game with me since I asked for it? Such a nice place, and I wanted to come and paint for a long time each time I was passing by on the way to Half Moon Bay. Certainly, I will be back soon again. (June 2 2021)

I went to the same location to Plein Air again a week later, they had the major construction going on surround the fountain...

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023