Creating Art is not a quick process...

A gorgeous day, went to Shoreline Park to meet other watercolor artists and paint together. Arrived at the Rengstorff House, there was a graduation party going on. Found a shady spot, set up my work station, then I found out that I didn't bring any watercolor paper. Haha, I was wondering why my gear bag was a slightly lighter in weight this morning.  So, I only completed my sketch.  
Came back home and decided to organize my art supplies a little bit, those always occupy so much space.  I needed to find out if I have to buy more materials for Alameda Paintout Event coming up in August.  I would have plenty of  time to order online learning from my previous lessons. 
Surprised to see a couple of my very old sketches.  They brought back memories, some of them were the doodles of my commissioned works. One of those I wrote down in "7 2006".  It was hard to believe about fifteen years already.  I still had my job working back then.  Yes, I could see the progress I had made, especially many of my finished and unfinished canvases stacked up inside our house, most of them stored in the garage.  Getting older, I have learned and realized that choosing to be an artist, one has to go through the struggling part of the process.  There is no short cut, and it is about devoting oneself to what to create.  A few miracles only are blessed to those incredibly-talented and super-productive artists in the right place and right time zone.  All is about gratitude, continuing to create what appeals to me,  and appreciating what life has offered me,  "Remember that what you now have was once among the things that you had hoped for"  --- Epicurus
(June 3 2021)






The Rengstorff House was one of the first houses to be built in Mountain View, California.  It was built c. 1867 by Henry Rengstorff, a prominent local businessman who operated a ferry between San Francisco and Mountain View. It is built in the Italianate Victorian architecture style. (From Google search). 

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA