Plein Air @ Villa Montalvo Saratoga CA 加州風景寫生



(May 11 2021)

I painted almost at the exact the same spot on April 5 2018. I pulled out my old work to compare with today's. Is there any improvement? Of course it wasn't painted on the same sunny day like today.
I did plan to paint at San Francisco Botanical Garden today. And I found out my car didn't get enough juice to cover the mileage. So came back to paint at one of my favorite local places again. It wasn't as quiet as usual, some construction was going on. One of the guys came to check me out if I had gotten my professional photography permission, but fortunately OK to paint here. Started a small sketch, then worked on my regular Fabiano 140p cold press watercolor paper. Forgot to mention how much I liked my new purchased Fabiano paper, I can feel the improved quality of the paper, especially the "tooth" of the surface to hold on water and colors. It is getting hot here, over 80 degrees around noon. There were mosquitos flying around and bothering me. There was a volunteer garden cleaning lady working in this charming court yard, she offered me some insect spray, then I was able to concentrate to finish my work. She is another of living angel.


April 5 2018 Plein Air @ Villa Montalvo Saratoga CA

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress