Plein Air @ San Jose Buddhist Church Betsuin CA


Happy Mother's Day! Especially for those loving and caring for others unconditionally!
Went to paint at the Japan town a little late this morning, just wanted to be close to a temple or a church for saying a prayer for my ancestors, especially for my two grandmothers and my father, since I couldn't visit their graveyard for the tomb sweeping day in China. Found a shady spot across the street, started to paint and think... Because of the COVID-19, I haven't see my old mother for two years now. Mother's Day is coming, even though I have my vaccination done, I still am not allowed to go to see her in China. Then I started felt quite sad about my situation... A guy came by and told me that he saw me crossing the street this morning and wondering what I was doing. Seemed like people were quite alert regarding their neighborhood. Saw two red-vested people walk by, looked like they were helping older people walk around. Before I finished my work, one of ladies wearing a red vest wanted to take photos of my painting. She was a Caucasian lady with silver hair, one of the volunteers helping and accompanying local older people walking back and forth to the Senior Center, also protecting them from the Asian hate crimes, etc..  About 86 degrees, I felt very hot even I was painting under a tree in the shade.  Suddenly I realized that she was one of the living angels. Though my painting was mostly done, I tried to put her into my work for showing half of her body wearing a red vest. All of us immigrants, we should not be afraid of anything, remembering that there are  many living angels helping and guiding us for a safe and happy life. 

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress