Plein Air @ The Campus of Santa Clara University CA

 

(April 13 2021) My allergies bother me, but, could not help myself, got ambitious to paint nearby flowers today. This is not my usual subject, I have to wait another year to paint if I miss it this year. There are several hundred year old wisteria vines in bloom on the arbor designed for the 1822 Mission at the east side of the courtyard at mission Santa Clara. Plus more than ten different kinds of other plants, most were blooming super beautiful this time. I found a corner spot in the morning, lighting was perfect. A couple of years ago I painted here in oils. I needed to test my new Fabriano Artisco watercolor paper. After my small sketch, I drew carefully on this newer version softer paper, didn't feel much difference. Then I was cautiously starting applying watercolors to it. Seemed like it doesn't allow me to make mistakes anymore. Might just be my "psychology issue". So far this new paper works fine for me... Hope it never cause trouble.


Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell CA