Plein Air @ Branscomb Farms Half Moon Bay CA 加州風景寫生


Last week while painting at Sue's farm, the owner of Branscomb farms invited us to come paint. Last time I forgot to charge my car, but saw I had enough electricity and gas to cover the total mileage today. I followed Google maps this time to the address, because my car GPS didn't even show the address. After Cabrillo highway, I turned onto a street and got lost after over a mile up a dirt road. Finally Google told me to u-turn so I circled back and followed the new directions to a narrow private road where there wasn't anyone around and I arrived at a locked gate. A pickup truck suddenly pulled up from behind with a young guy and 2 dogs, he pointed me back down the dirt road again. I was worried to get a flat as we just changed to new tires so every mile counted... I thought I'd rather go paint boats at Johnson's Pier so headed out. On my way I saw a guy opening an unmarked gate and it turned out to be the farm. After over half an hour of goose chasing it was no longer early so I pulled in. I walked around bit, following my curiosity. Many super-handsome and beautiful horses on this well-maintained and modern farm, I heard Mexican music and some workers happily working there. One lady came by and told me it was mating season, so everyone except the workers needed to stay away from all the horses in case something happened. So I painted next to the pond in the shade and the area far away from the area we shouldn't be. In the end I added a sign in my painting as I wished it could help me to find this farm. On the way back I stopped at Costco to buy gas, and surprisingly found out that Johnson and Johnson vaccine was available. We had booked 3 weeks back but my appointment was cancelled due to the pause. Finally I got vaccinated instead of waiting till next week for my rescheduled appointment.
(April 28 2021)


Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA