Plein Air @ Coyote Valley Open Space Preserve Morgan Hill CA 加州風景寫生


(Feb.18 2021) On the way to the location, I had to stop a couple of times to capture cows alongside the road. Saw the close relationship between cow mother and cow baby, I felt very bad about not being a vegetarian. Thought all the cows would be my subject, but I checked out the location and found several spots that inspired me to create my work. In the end, I painted the horse barn. A young mother took her son for a hike, she took several photos of me painting at the location and sent them to me. It was very nice of her.
Got some feedback from another artist Jane, she shared some info about the certain watercolor mixes that could have a beautiful reaction, would love to learn more about it.... Not sure why the horses looked like donkeys. Maybe because one of my brother-in-laws he paints donkeys influences me, hahaha... Never mind, there were donkeys in that barn anyway. Got to love the weather, learned how to check the weather report carefully and dress in layers for Plein Air. It was very warm by around noon, took off two layers. Almost three years ago, I painted at this same location. I remember that it was raining after arrived, painted a 12"x12" oil panel inside my Smart car... Soon after that I switched from oil to watercolor for painting outdoors. Each media has its own challenging parts for indoor and outdoors, so much to learn!



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA