Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生


Planned to join an online drawing with other artists. Rushed and got everything ready this morning, then found out it was already over. Hadn't painted outdoors for ten days, really missed it. Sunny day today, so came back to paint this unique architecture in a residential neighborhood. Overdressed, it was still feeling warm in the sun.

Started with a little sketch study. Looked at the surroundings and stood cross the church, I felt fascinating by so many things hanging in the air and stuff on the ground; I never paid attention each time passing by. The longer I drew, the more things I discovered. Every object looked more interesting under the winter sun, because of the contrast between light and longer shadows I guessed.

It was getting busier around noon. Spending almost an hour to finish the basic drawing. Even I knew that I shouldn't add too many details into my Plein Air works, but they were the parts of the local life, maybe the reason they attracted my attention. Brought painting home to finish the cable lines, electric posts, etc.  (Dec.29 2020)


Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023