Plein Air @ Capitola Wharf Capitola CA 加州風景寫生


Rainy season keeps delaying in San Francisco Bay Area. I thought that I'd better paint outdoors as the weather allows me. After checking the weather report around, I decided to go to Capitola, one of my favorite charming small towns not too far away. Caught the road work on Route #17, it was about half past ten when I arrived. There were so many subjects I would love to paint at the location, and it was a perfect day, about 70 degrees. Flowers were still blooming, birds were hanging in the bushes. Still felt like during spring... Less people on the pier, of course that was my final decision to set up my stuff and started to work. Met two people, one was Len, he walked on the pier back and forth several times. And Bob was tricycling around with his super large surf board, waiting to meet friends. Got many compliments from people passed by. Walked around and took many reference photos after my work was done. Tired when I returned home but enjoyed such a lovely long day!  (Dec. 7 2020)




Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023