Plein Air @ Alviso Marina County Park San Jose CA 加州風景寫生


Dec. 13

It was Sunday, I woke up a little bit late than usual. Our raining season finally came. Sounds quite poetic just looking at the gray clouds and listening to the rain drops, right? Painting outdoors for several years nearby now, I thought that I had already become an expert to know local weather well. I checked the weather report a couple of times, it said that there was very high chance to rain. I didn't believe it, instead I went to the location, started my small study sketch. It was misty, no big deal. After laying my first wash down, it really started raining. I had to pack as quick as I could, ran into my car, my rain jacket was full of the rain all over. Only half way home, rain stopped, I wanted to turn back badly, but I didn't, finished this one at home.



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model