Plein Air @ Palace of Fine Arts San Francisco CA 加州風景寫生


Nov. 12
Gorgeous day but cold in San Francisco. Painted at the same beautiful landmark I visited a couple weeks ago. After my work was done, I felt so warm inside my car.

Drove through such a charming city. GPS guided me up and down hills. I felt it fun to see the city views, tried to snap a couple of shots at the beginning. Then driving on the Divisadero St, there were a few steep roads, at the first couple of intersections. I felt like the car was going straight up, even stepping on the brake I worried my car would slip backwards. My hands and feet were both sweating. Later, going down, my car stopped at what felt like 45 degrees downhill. The views were spectacular in front of me. I was so nervous, did not dare to take a glimpse.

On the way back, a detour guided me to an even steeper road, one seemed like a thirty degree angle looking down. I almost wanted to scream and closed my eyes, but there were people crossing the road, so I had to stop and keep my eyes widely open. What an exciting driving test! Now my hands and feet are sweating again just thinking about it and writing it down.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023