Plein Air @ Municipal Rose Garden San Jose CA 加州風景寫生


Came to this 5.5 acres historic Rose Garden during a gorgeous autumn day. There were about 189 varieties, 3500 rose bushes, and this regional park won the national awards. There were only few people in the park, because a weekday I guessed. There would be a lot more people during weekends, sometimes there would be a wedding party.

Been here so many times, but my first time to paint here. Found a good spot in the shade, focused on painting the water fountain. Could not finish the painting at the park. There was a guy following me. He asked me if I was a famous artist selling super-expensive paintings. Not sure how I could satisfy his curiosity, so I kept silent... Then he asked why I kept my face all covered. I wore a hat, a sunglasses and a face mask. I only answered that was my outdoor protection. Actually, some other people where covered up the same like me.

Got home and retouched the painting a little bit.  ( Nov. 3 2020)



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023