Plein Air @ St. Anthony Church on Bertram Rd Almaden San Jose CA 加州風景寫生


Didn't plan to paint outdoors, but the weather was so nice I thought that I could save some work for raining days at home. Rushed out the door, my car GPS refused to accept the address. And I still missed the entrance of the free way by listening to Google maps. It was a little bit late, actually it was good timing, as the sun just started shining on the roof of this historic St. Anthony Church on Bertram Rd. Learned so many lessons from my previous mistakes. focused on drawing patiently. Felt hot in the sun, watercolor paper and paint dried very fast, followed the flow to work. Happy I was out to paint, met a couple of watercolor artists as well.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023