Plein Air @ Long Branch Saloon & Farms Half Moon Bay CA 加州風景寫生


My first time painting at this location near Half Moon Bay. Followed Google and found this unique, old western town nestled in the rolling countryside along the San Mateo coast. Such a unique place, I had a hard time to make decision, then I saw a real cute pig alone sleeping inside the Jail, felt quite some pity for it. So painted next to the Jail, at least provided companionship to the little sleepy, lonely pig. The building I focused on to paint was next to the fence. Wondered why there was so much dust in the air. Finally I saw a horse next to wall, might try to communicate with me.

Gorgeous day after I had so much delicious food and celebrated our shared birthdate together at one of my girlfriends' house yesterday. But this morning I was a little bit frustrated, my car GPS which had the options of the shortest distance choice, but Google map showed the fast way. I usually use both in case the signals lost. There was almost ten miles difference between those two, who I should follow?

On the way back home, my curiosity guided me to try the shortest distance. The road was so narrow and at the beginning, I almost turned around. Luckily there were only a few cars coming from opposite direction, my car was so close to the edge, and my hands were so sweaty. Many curved turns were more than three hundred degrees, felt every mile took me so much longer to drive. Later drove through a forest, very happy to see all the tall and big redwoods survived. The dappled light made each tree more interesting to look at. But I had to be alert and concentrate on the road. What a challenging way to go home! Never again, hahaha....



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA