Plein Air @ Botanical Garden San Francisco CA 加州風景寫生

What a glorious fall day in San Francisco! Just couldn't believe that Google map guided me near the location, still took me a while to find the gate and a parking spot. Not sure why there was no botanical garden in my car GPS, got frustrated in the morning over that. Instantly I wanted to paint this colorful tree near the pond. The tree wasn't a simple subject to me, and English is my second language. I overheard that people talking about coyotes while I was struggling on my work, I didn't stop and continued using my visual brain on the painting. Suddenly, I realized that a couple of visitors were talking to me while passing by. I stopped and saw a well fed huge coyote walking behind me about fifteen to twenty feet away (about 7 meters). He walked like in his own backyard... After painting done, met a several Plein Air artists, they said that the coyote was howling to the fire engine this morning. I guess this botanical garden really has become his territory.






Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023