Plein Air @ Alviso San Jose CA 加州風景寫生

Came to one of my favorite places to paint in the afternoon. Just because I thought the subject I wanted to paint was more interesting in the afternoon light. But two main things I had forgotten, one was my paper towels, I only had two pieces super soft napkins handy. The other thing was heavy truck traffic around where I painted. It was a very noisy intersection, endless trucks passing by. Also it was windy, and I was facing the west direction, felt the sun always shone on my eyes. I guessed it was good for erasing the unnecessary details. A couple of passengers passing by, they were curious what I was doing. The result was good enough. And I had to run for the restroom, lol...because there wasn't public one nearby.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model