Plein Air @ Sunnyvale Heritage Orchard Park Sunnyvale CA again 加州風景寫生

Silicon valley is famous for high tech and multi-cultural for sure. It was only 37 degrees in the morning, I really didn't want to go out. After a short hesitation, I drove to the location again, not far from where I live. There are many streets named after the greatest masters near the orchard. I turned into Manet Dr, turned to Michelangelo Dr, passed by Rembrandt, Picasso, Matisse, Sargent, Chopin, etc... I wonder why and who decided to name all the streets? Anyway, felt instantly inspired and started my painting. To me, the process of creating art is my meditation. Following my feeling and inner visual voice are more important queues than painting what is exactly in front of my eyes. So I concentrated on my work... "Your painting looks nice!". I jumped and almost screamed, an Indian lady wearing a Sari behind me said so, and I scared her away. Than we apologized to each other, started laughing... Later, a softer voice in a Japanese accent , "Do you come here to paint often?" Her name was Sayaka (in my photo), a 30-year experienced art teacher came to draw the landscape during her spare time. She introduced me to her favorite drawing paper. Can't wait to try it. By noon it was almost 70 degrees out, another gorgeous day. It seems that I should go back to paint another one, not really like it. What do you think?


Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model