Plein Air @ Sempervirens Point Los Gatos CA 加州風景寫生

It was beautiful in the mountains, moistness in the distance felt connected with the dramatic clouds. The temperature suddenly dropped down overnight from a hot Indian summer to winter, under 60 degrees. Luckily I brought my winter jacket, didn't feel even a little bit hot after I put it and while painting till 1pm. After the first painting, I noticed that there was a composition problem so I had to paint the second one. I didn't bring extra water, using the dirty water to paint my second wasn't easy in watercolors. I painted directly on the paper with with a brush and the left over dirty water, thought it would help me paint loosely. But it ended up another painting with a compositional issue... Time to go home, I drove the wrong direction in the mountains, but my car GPS and Google map didn't mention to me, only the time and miles showed me the extra minutes and extra miles. Maybe I should start hibernating, lol...



Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生