Plein Air @ Alviso San Jose CA 加州風景寫生

 


Arrived at the location around 10am, just tried to avoid traffic in the morning. This unique building of the Laine's Bites shop was the one I had wanted to paint for a while, set up my station under a young tree with enough shade. A guy was sweeping the street, looked like he was trying to clean off all the dirt from the ground. There was so much dust in the air, I felt it hard to breath, my street parked car was covered with dust very soon. It was OK, I kept telling myself, and focused on my work... Maybe an hour later after the sweeping guy left, a spaying water truck started to clean the street. It was the most busy, small T-junction with endless huge trucks passing by both ways with the loudest squishing noises of heavy metal sounds. Wow, it was my first time to deal with this kind of situation, most of time I had to wait for the trucks to pass by, just because I want to see the object I was working on. The sweeping truck was back and forth at least 10 times in front of me for cleaning the streets. No matter how hard they tried to clean the street, the trucks delivering the dirt kept passing by. I was thinking that those people working hard, but not efficient at all. Make sure to go there NOT during working hours next time.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Portrait and figurative studies of a model