Plein Air @ La Honda Creek Open Space Preserve Redwood City CA 加州風景寫生

Nice day but windy. Drove through a very winding road, my first time at this location. Found a spot in the shade, felt chilly while painting. Relocated the objects on the paper for a better composition. Tried these QoR paints, my work came out grayish and muddy. Judy did a beautiful glowing California landscape in oil. She said to me that it was always hard trying new paints. It did help me feeling better a bit. So I used limited watercolor pens did a quick color sketch. There were only over 30 miles each way, but I felt so tired and barely drove back home through a much narrow and winding road. It took me over an hour. Many times I thought I was lost, because both my smartphone and the car GPS didn't talk for a long time. Can't believe that time flies so fast, May already. Viewing today's work, wondering if I should stop trying the new paints...

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023