Plein Air @ Home CA - Garden Still-life Series #27 花園靜物寫生

My last one on the last day of the Strada Easel 31 Day January painting challenge. Yes, I did paint every day, and finished 27( 8"x 6") Garden Still-life Series, plus 4 (11"x 14")landscapes. Not sure how do the other artists feel about it? But it was a great help to me as a self-taught artist, my first time to focusing on a series and painting from life each day, mostly outdoors. I could not imagine after leaving my painting comfort zone that I would draw or paint so many still-life during such a short time period, and it was a big challenge to me! So I think to keep learning, practicing, growing, creating and improving are the goals for my artwork.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023