Plein Air @ Home CA - Garden Still-life Series #6 花園靜物寫生

Raining again. Brought another potted succulent inside from my garden, left a piece of baby crab shell I had found on the beach next to it, and painted another still life.  I never thought that I could paint a still life, it really challenged my patience. Most of my previous still life paintings were from my memories or imagination. During the recent practice, I started to like painting still life, especially while listening to music on a rainy winter day. Just not sure if it will be the direction for my future paintings. What do you think?

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell CA

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023