Plein Air @ Home CA - Garden Still-life Series #24 花園靜物寫生

I'd love to share my study with others, it is about an artist's journey of experimentation.
I am not a a realistic painter, I love to express my own feeling into my work. That is why painting a photo is boring to me. Anyway, because I have joined the Strada January challenge, I paint every day. I know that it is the rainy season now, so my succulents are the series subject I choose to practice. I am struggling every day only drawing, and the colors are difficult to express. Each small work has taken me longer time to finish, and I've spent more time to study on my plants as well. I guess that is what making progress is all about.
I've collected many succulents. Of those, only a few I can remember the names. Most of them are easy to take care of, though some of them have died, not sure if it was my fault, or because of the weather.

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Chris' Farm in Campbell CA 加州風景寫生