Plein Air @ Home CA - Garden Still-life Series #15 花園靜物寫生

Recently I am focusing on my garden still life series, not only because it is the rainy season, also it is a good exercise to do so. Honestly, I won't paint still lives if I could go out to paint landscapes. The current situation happened to me for a good reason, I have found out that it was a challenging subject. I have kept doing it, just because I love my plants, watching them grow, and they are part of my life, right?
And I remembered that my first drawing lesson  was outdoor drawing peonies in a park in downtown Beijing when I was about ten years old in primary school. There were so many people in the park enjoying the peonies, I had no clue what I was doing, my one to one "teacher" was watching me, my hand was shaking and sweaty, the drawing papers were all wet, many people passing by, most of them thought my drawing was terrible... My younger age confidence might have been damaged by that experience, and that could be one of the reasons I never was interested in painting flowers or plants...

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA