Plein Air @ Crab Cove beach Aeolian Yacht Club Grand Marina Frank Bette Plein Air Paint out Alameda CA 加州風景寫生


After about four hours sleep, I was all over the place. I painted at Crab Cove beach this morning. It was windy and cold, there was nobody on the beach. After my drawing was done, I had to move to a nearby the bathroom, because the wind kept blowing my painting board. Afternoon, a couple artists including me painted at a private Aeolian Yacht Club. I had my morning experience, so just laid my easel on the dock water counter top to paint. I finished one, saw a nearby artist had done four pastel paintings already, though he started a little earlier than me. Rushed and painted at Grand Marina again. An older age guy came to me and pointed my car and asked me to move. Because it was their reserved spot, his wife just went to shopping. I apologized and moved, thought how I couldn't even see the sign. Exhausted already. Tomorrow is the "Quick Draw", I have no clue what I am going to paint in a very limited amount of time. And I don't know Alameda much... It was only my second day at the event.

(Updating from July 31, 2018)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023