Dream Big - Passion Has Become My Natural Pain Killer

I think I am quite lucky that I have already found my passion in life - painting and creating art. This is the only thing I do not want missing no matter what happens. One day I had this idea in mind, so I used red color to describe the awful pain expanding over my body that I have experienced recently, especially during the time I sleep. Concentrating on painting this piece for hours like normal, I forgot to eat and even drink water. After it was done, the name naturally came to me "Dream Big", Yes, I encourage myself and do not let anything destroy my passion! Suddenly, I discovered that painting helped me forget my pain surprisingly. Really true - my passion has become my most natural pain killer during the time I created this piece!

It seems that there are always some obstacles in the course of life. I've always reminded myself that I should believe in myself and I would create a master piece after going through these first. But unlike anything else before, it has been over two and half months now that I've been suffering with the most disturbing and painful "frozen shoulder", which costs me so much inconvenience in life, including many little basic things ...

At the beginning when the pain just started, I didn't want to stop exercising, I thought I could get over it after a few days. But the pain seemed gone deeper and shocking me harder day after day. Then I went to visit a Chinese acupuncturist. In China, good ones usually can solve most pain for only a couple of visits, I believe. I had hadn't any experiences finding a really qualified Chinese acupuncturist in USA before, but a friend of mine introduced me to one. After four visits, my whole arm was getting worse, felt like it was disabled, barely could move. Not mentioned that the insurance wasn't covered and wasted a several hundred dollars, so I had to stop it.

Besides finding out what a"frozen shoulder" is online, it seems that there is no better medical way could release this kind of shoulder pain in a short time period. I start doing "Chinese cupping" myself, at least it helps me sleep better at night. At the same time I won't able to eat Aspirin which helps me to stop the pain. I have to compromise to stop doing many things, or limit to a minimum each day.

Share my "Dream Big" and those encouraging quotes I have found:

"Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world." – Eleanor Roosevelt.

"Follow your passion and dreams, do what you truly love, put aside any nonsense or worries and realize that this moment it is all we've got." – Frank Arrigazzi

"Set out each day believing in your dreams. Know without a doubt that you were made for amazing things." – Josh Hinds

"Each sunrise gives hope to your dreams and light to your plans." – William Ngwako Maphoto

"Daring to dream means daring to live." – Robert H. Schuller, Success is Never Ending Failure is Never Final

"Cherish your visions and your dreams, as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements." – Napoleon Hill





Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA