"I Am Not I" - "我不再是自己"


I am not I.

I am this one
walking beside me whom I do not see,
whom at times I manage to visit,
and whom at other times I forget;
who remains calm and silent while I talk,
and forgives, gently, when I hate,
who walks where I am not,
who will remain standing when I die.

My painting was inspired by the poem of Juan Ramon Jimenez "I Am Not I", translated by Robert Bly. Please view a better image at: http://fineartamerica.com/featured/i-am-not-i-xueling-zou.html

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Elim Assembly of God Church Santa Clara CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA