Plein Air @ A Secret Garden Lucie Stern Community Center Palo Alto CA


Got up with my lower back pain, and it was gray. I hesitated if I should go paint...

I made up my mind to go after breakfast, just because it was a new painting location to me.

There is always traffic on #101 now, no matter during the rush hour/hours or not. I got caught in it both ways.

Felt happy to see that many artists already found their spots to paint after I got there and found this secret garden.
 

Beautifully designed building in Spanish Mediterranean-style architecture. I tried to find where I could paint, and realized that every turn I might block one of the artist's views.

Finally, I stayed near the gateway area and painted this more complicated scene.

A Chinese lady painter came back from Hawaii, I met her before padamic. Unfortunately her house was burned down their. She taught me some TaiQi for my back pain and report back on my progress after 2 weeks.

She brought her 96-year-old father with her. I saw him sitting on a bench and drawing in the distance, I thought he was just a retired guy. Wish I could be as healthy and not as old looking like him when I'm that age. Who doesn't?

It took me much longer to paint. I remember that I started drawing around 11am, and It was 2:30pm when I was leaving. So you can imagine it started with a gray day, then the sun came out. The light and shadows moved a lot in several hours. I followed my memory to finish this painting in the end. (Auguest 22 2024)

Original Art Story

Alameda Plein Air Paint Out -19th Annual Event 2024

Plein Air @ The Western Shore Redwood City CA

Plein Air @ a dock in Sausalito CA

Plein Air @ Shoreline Lake Boathouse Mountain View CA 加州風景寫生

Plein Air @ Allied Arts Guild Menlo Park CA

Plein Air @ Joseph D. Grant Park, Mt. Hamilton CA

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA

Plein Air @ Home on a Rainy Day CA

Plein Air @ Municipal Rose Garden San Jose CA 加州風景寫生