Plein Air @ Shoreline Lake Boathouse Mountain View CA 加州風景寫生

It was a nice day, and I painted with local artists at the location.

I set up my workstation near a cabin where a summer camp employee was watching over the lake to keep the boaters safe. I used the cabin's shade to paint comfortably.

The place was busy with many kids attending the summer camp, and they all seemed happy. I noticed some teenagers working there, not much older than the kids having fun.

I overheard a seventeen-year-old boy telling others that he was going to join the Navy program for college. The others looked at him with envy and admiration. The boys in charge were young but behaved like adults, helping the kids enjoy sailing and giving them snacks.

After finishing my painting, I walked around to see other artists' work. To my surprise, I saw Will painting there. I went to say Hi. I had met him last May during the Plein Air event in Carmel.

He was nice and kind and encouraging of my work. He helped two other artists by making little corrections for them.  He spent too much time helping others because the light changed before he had a chance to finish his own painting.

By now, the light had changed, and it was noon. Time to go home... (July 31, 2023)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Portrait and figurative studies of a model

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA