Plein Air @ Alviso Adobe Community Park Pleasanton CA


Pretty happy that my Plein Air watercolor painting "Coastal Bungalow" was accepted for the 11th Annual Fresh Works Juried Exhibition.  Dropped off my work at the Harrington Gallery Firehouse Arts Center in Pleasanton, and drove to Alviso Adobe Community Park.  My husband found this place online last night, because I was looking for a place to paint on the delivery painting day.


Excited because it is a totally new painting spot for me.  After parking my car and dragging my painting gear to the Adobe House, I instantly tried taking photos for painting ideas. 

A guy came out of the house and told me that kids are not allowed to be in the photos by their parents.  Then I noticed that many children were having on site class, I guessed.  I showed him a couple of the photos I just took, after enlarged the images, there were a couple of blurry dots in the  distance, from the clothing colors could tell that the mini-dots were humans.  He did his job and told me those were OK.

I set up my work station and started drawing.  When the kids were leaving, they and their teacher passed by and gave me complements. 

Windy and cold, it reminded me of how we artists are passionate about painting.  It isn't easy for me to draw in the wind, and not easy for watercolors to dry for each next layer.  Since I have been painting outdoors about five years, I could handle it.

After several hours struggle, a unique perspective emerged to tell a story of that old oak tree. that witnessed centuries of local history...  (March 23 2023)

Original Art Story

A female model's first sitting

Plein Air @ Santa Clara University Santa Clara CA

Sketching @ Apple Park Cupertino CA

Six hours study with the same sitter

Plein Air @ Downtown Campbell Light Rail Station CA

Plein Air @ Mission San José Fremont CA 加州風景寫生

Capitola Plein Air 8th Annual Art Festival 2023

Plein Air @ Ed Levin County Park, Milpitas CA

Live study of a young model in a red dress

Plein Air @ Old Mission Adobe Wall Santa Clara de Asís CA